Due to COVID-19, Children’s Ministry looks very different. However, we are still doing what we can to reach and support families during this time. Please see below for what we are offering during this time:
- Children’s Ministry now offers children’s worship during the 11:00 service. This includes nursery-5th Grade.
- Elementary children will be dropped off at Kid Central (after check-in) and picked up in the same location after Tabernacle.
- We are asking children ages 5 and up to wear a mask. If you do not have one or forget it in the vehicle, we will have extras at the welcome desk.
- Once your elementary child is checked in, they will choose a seat in Kid Central. That is their “zone” for the entire time.
- Air hockey, foosball, basketball, LEGO table, and all other games have temporarily been removed to reduce kids from gathering together in small spaces.
- We know kids need to move and have games. Children may grab a bag of sanitized LEGOs and take it to their seat to play while waiting for service to start. Their other option is play screen games that will be displayed on the TVs.
- Every child will have their temperatures checked (contactless) before being allowed to enter their Children’s Worship space.
- Preschool is meeting in the Baby Shark room.
- Temperature checks of every child and volunteer before entering.
- Masks for those ages 5 and up.
- Spaced out seating in Tabernacle.
- Entire Kid Central space is sanitized after the service.
- Hand sanitizer at check-in.
- Clorox wipes at check-in to wipe down devices after every use.
We are currently in Phase 3 of reopening MPBC. Please refer back to this page for updates to see what our Kids Ministry is doing.
We love children here and are excited to partner with parents in building a strong spiritual foundation in the lives of your kids. From birth through Grade 5, we offer weekly programming that will support the entire family in a growing relationship with God. Throughout the year, there will be events that bring families together for adventures and experiences that will forever shape the way you see God and others in the world. This is the place you want to be for a life-giving, nurturing, and dynamic experience with God in the life of your family. Come and see…
Partnering with parents to lead children into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Formerly known as Sunday School, these discipleship classes are for Grades K-5 and focus on chronological Bible storytelling as the primary tool for developing spiritual formation in children.
When: Journey Groups meet on Sunday morning, during the 9:30 hour.
Kids worship for Grades K-5.
Kids start in Worship with their parents and are dismissed prior to the sermon. This dynamic gathering includes games, worship, creative arts, Bible teaching, and small groups. Tabernacle is fun, interactive, and high energy!
TeamKID is designed for Kids in Discipleship! It features Bible memory games and application of Bible truths, engaging missions videos and activities, and fun activity-based learning all while helping your kids grow to be more like Jesus.
When: Wednesday nights 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Due to COVID, family style dinner is still on hold. We will let everyone know when we plan to resume that portion of Wednesday Nights.
Rise Leadership Team
If your child is in 4th-5th Grade, they have the opportunity to serve on our Rise Kids Leadership Team. We want these older kids to lead like Jesus and be a servant leader. All children are trained, given a preteen spiritual gifts test, and plugged into a leadership role according to their gifts. The different ways our preteens can lead are worship team, small group leader, sound booth, prayer warrior, game leader, greeting team, preschool, and skit host. There are 4 levels of leaderships and kids get promoted by attendance and serving. The different levels are helper, leader, champion, and ultimate champion. We want to take kids from discipleship, to leadership, to ownership. Monthly meetings are held after Journey Groups to help these kids grow in their leadership.
When: Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m, 11:00 a.m and Wednesday nights at 6:30 p.m
Rise Apprenticeship is a program for 1st-3rd Grade children looking for opportunities to serve. As the name states, this is an apprenticeship meant to help prepare kids to be a Rise Leader once they lead 4th Grade and also give them a heart to serve in the local church. An apprentice can serve in the following ways: Praise Team, Greeting Team, Prayer Warrior, Clean Up, and Preschool Ministry. Before a child can be an apprentice, they must sign the contract and fill out the application.
A girls discipleship group that meets every 1st Sunday of the month from 4-6pm. This ministry is led by Heather Oppel. Girls will have a time of fellowship, activities, and go through a girls Bible study together. Accompanied by a group of godly women, girls will learn what it means to be a woman of God and grow in their faith.
A boys discipleship ministry that meets every 1st Sunday of the month from 4-6pm. This ministry is led by Pastor Garrett. Boys will gather for a time of boy-friendly activities and a Bible study. A group of godly men will be there to point your boys to Jesus and show them what it means to be a man of God, while giving them opportunities to grow in their walk with the Lord.
H2O (His to Own)
H2O is our Preteen Ministry for 4th-5th graders. We meet every third Friday night of the month from 6-8:30 p.m. Each time we meet, we have a different theme for the night.
We have topical lessons that we discuss from the Bible every meeting. We then break into small groups for discussion. We highly recommend the kids bring a friend with them.
Please contact Pastor Garrett with any questions you have at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mountain Movers is our Children’s Prayer Ministry for 3rd-5th Graders. Your child must attend the Mountain Movers Prayer Class before they start serving. They will rotate through different stations in our War Room and will take home prayer requests of the kids and pray over them throughout the week. For more detailed information, please contact Pastor Garrett.